Whether you’re shopping online or making transactions, you’ll have peace of mind online with these services:
- One Time Passcode (OTP): Gives you extra security when you make or amend payments by sending you a unique, one-off passcode to your mobile.
- Verified By Visa: Helps to protect your card when you shop online with participating sites.
- Trusteer Rapport: Free security software to help guard against internet banking identify theft and fraud.
One Time Passcode (OTP)
This system sends a unique, one-off passcode to your mobile phone so you can verify that a payment to a new or amended payee is genuine.
Simple and easy
To use OTP all you need to do is register your mobile phone number with us. The great thing about it is you won't have to remember any passwords or carry a card reader. Please make sure we have your current mobile number. If you need to update your number, please call us on 0800 092 3300.
Bear in mind
Always make sure the details in the OTP message match your original request. If you ever receive an OTP message you weren’t expecting, let us know immediately as it may be a sign of attempted fraud on your account.
If you choose not to register for OTP, you can still create or amend payees through our telephone banking service on 0800 092 3300.
Verified by Visa
When shopping online it’s important to feel confident using your card.
Cater Allen Secure, in partnership with Verified by Visa, helps protect your card against unauthorised use when you shop online. The service is simple and free to use and covers you when using your Cater Allen card at over 300,000 participating online retailers.
For your security, you may from time to time be prompted to provide some additional information when making a purchase.
Rapport security software
We strongly recommend you download the free Rapport security software to strengthen your defences against internet banking identify theft and fraud.
How it works
Rapport reinforces your online security by ‘locking down’ the connection between your computer, keyboard and Cater Allen internet banking. This prevents your data from going to counterfeit sites, so you can rest assured that you’re the only one using your account.
When you use our internet banking, Rapport doesn’t replace your anti-virus and firewall software – it works alongside them to give you increased protection when you make transactions online.
Why choose Rapport?
- Safeguard your identity: Identity theft is one of the fastest-growing threats in the UK.
- Peace of mind: Rapport tells you that you really are connected to your bank and not a fraudulent website.
- Protect your passwords: Helps stop fraudsters accessing on your online banking details.
- Easy to use and install: It’s a simple and free download to each computer you use to bank online. Technical support is also available.
- Flexible: Once downloaded, you can set up the software to protect any website that uses private or personal data.
- Fast: Rapport is a small piece of software. It’s designed to let your computer work just as quickly as before.
- Specially configured for Cater Allen: It’s ready to help protect your online banking with Cater Allen.
- Well proven: Rapport was developed by the online security experts at Trusteer.
How to download
Simply click on this link download Trusteer Rapport and follow the on-screen instructions. You won’t be asked to provide any personal details.
Make sure you download it to each computer you use for online banking, so you’re protected at all times. If you want to download Rapport to a work PC, you should check with your employer as they may not allow downloads to their PCs.
How to use
Once you’ve downloaded it, look out for the Rapport icon which appears next to your browser’s address bar.
If the icon is green, you’re protected and your information is safe:
If the icon is grey, then Rapport isn’t safe-guarding your information:
Which browsers and operating systems are supported by Rapport?
You can find details of these on their website www.trusteer.com/support/supported-platforms
Here to help
If you need assistance once you’ve downloaded Rapport, just email firstname.lastname@example.org