- The service is free, and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- You can switch to a new account, or one you've already got with us.
- We'll take care of moving all your payments going out. For example, Direct Debits and standing orders, as well as your salary, if requested.
- Choose when your switch starts - this can be up to 60 days in the future.
- We'll keep you updated of progress along the way.
- We don't currently take part in the Current Account Switch Service (CASS).
- Read more about our account transfer service in our Account Transfer Service Guide (pdf).
Switching your current account
Below you can find further information which will help you with the process of switching your account. We hope that it will be the start of a long and rewarding relationship with Cater Allen Private Bank.
Starting your switch
You can choose when your switch starts. This can be up to 60 days in the future.
Fill in the transfer authorisation form (pdf). This gives us authorisation to start the switch process. We'll send a copy of this form to your old bank as quickly as possible.
Switch start date
On your chosen switch start date, we'll ask your old bank for a list of your payments for example, standing orders and Direct Debits.
When we receive details of your existing payment arrangements from your old bank, we'll write to you to confirm which standing orders and Direct Debits should continue.
We'll set up the payments on your Cater Allen Account, and we'll tell the companies you pay by Direct Debit to collect future payments from your new account.
You'll need to contact anybody else who regularly sends payments to you (such as pension, savings or investment income) and tell them your new account details if you want these payments into your new account.
You'll receive your cards and PIN as well as your Internet Banking registration details, if you've requested them.
Your switch is complete.
Any positive balance on your old account will be transferred to your Cater Allen Account by your old bank.
Having checked that all payments and/or credits have been set up correctly, we'll send you a letter to confirm what we've done.
If requested, your old bank or building society account will be closed.
If you don't have a Cater Allen account
You can view our accounts under the Personal Banking section. You'll then need to apply online or fill in the application form, for the account you'd like to open.
Once your new account is open, we can start the switch from your old bank account once we have your completed Transfer Authorisation Form (pdf).
If you're an existing customer
We can arrange to switch a current account you have elsewhere to your existing Cater Allen account. Please download and fill out the Transfer Authorisation Form (pdf).
Read more about our account transfer service in our Account Transfer Service Guide (pdf).
If you need help with transferring your accounts, please call our Client Team on 0800 092 3300.
- Can I switch my current account if I'm overdrawn?
No, your account will need to be in credit.
- When will the money in my old account be transferred to my new account?
You'll be able to access the funds in your old account up to your switch date when they'll be transferred to your new account.
- Will switching my current account affect my credit rating?
No, providing you repay any outstanding overdrafts on your previous accounts as required by your old bank or building society. If there's any problem with payments as part of the switching process, we'll correct them and make sure your credit rating isn't affected.
- How do I make a complaint about my switch?
If you're not happy with the switching service we're providing, please refer to our A guide to our complaints procedure (pdf) document. This gives information on how we deal with complaints and your right to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Please visit our complaints section for more information.