- for transfers between your accounts in pounds, euros, or US dollars
- incoming payments in pounds, that are added to a US dollar or euro account
- incoming US dollar or euro payments being added to a pound sterling account
- you might get extra charges when making a euro or dollar payment from a pound sterling account
- for CHAPS payments in pounds/SWIFT payments (non-euro) made from your US dollar or euro accounts, additional charges may apply for certain transactions. You can find more information on this in our Banking Tariff (pdf) or Fee Information Documents.
Foreign payments and currencies
We offer current accounts in pounds, US dollars and euros. With instant transfers between linked accounts. You can make a transfer through Internet Banking, or by calling us on 0800 092 3300.
Here are the exchange rates that we update Monday to Friday.
Weekends and bank holidays will show the indicative exchange rate from the previous working day.
We won't know the actual exchange rate until we make the payment. This means that you might see a different exchange rate below, to what's on your payment instruction. To find what exchange rate we've used, check your account statement.
23 Feb 2024
Pounds Buy Rates
USD to GBP:
EUR to GBP:
Pounds Sell Rates
GBP to USD:
GBP to EUR:
We can take and send payments in many currencies. See our list below. For indicative exchange rates on any of these currencies please call us on 0800 092 3300.
United States Dollar
South African Rand
New Zealand Dollar
Hong Kong Dollar
Please show these details to the third parties that make foreign currency payments to your account.
|SWIFT/BIC code (Field 57):
|Beneficiary name (Field 59):
|Your full Account name
|Beneficiary Account number (Field 59):
|Your IBAN - this can be found on your statement or via Internet Banking. Or you can get it below, by inputting your Account number
|Payment reference (Field 70):
If you need more information about foreign money transfers, call our team on 0800 092 3300.