The easiest way to cancel a Direct Debit is within Internet Banking.
Please make sure that you cancel the Direct Debit online by 6pm on the working day before the payment is due to be taken from your account. Otherwise, you run the risk of the Direct Debit being taken from your account.
You'll also need to contact the company and cancel the Direct Debit with them.
If you're struggling to pay a Direct Debit, speaking with the company can also help as they may be able to organise a payment plan for you.
- log on to Internet Banking
- click on 'Payment Services' in the top left menu
- click on 'Direct Debits' in the left-hand side menu
- select 'Account type'
- select an account from the drop-down
- a table showing your Direct Debits is displayed
- click 'Cancel'
- scroll to the bottom of the screen and click 'Terminate'
- check the preconfirmation details then scroll to the bottom of the screen
- click 'Submit'.
If your account is two or more to sign, each additional signer must approve the request on the same day before 23:59pm (6pm for payments due the next working day) by following these steps:
- login to Cater Allen Internet Banking
- click 'Authorisation' on the top right menu
- approve the transaction.
Alternatively, you can call us to cancel a Direct Debit on the business day before it is due to be debited or advise us in writing.
Can't log on to your account? Visit our Troubleshooting page for support. If you haven't signed up for Internet Banking yet, visit our Registration and logging on section today to get started.
Can't find your Direct Debit?
If you can't find a Direct Debit it may be that you used your card to set up regular payments with a company (often done for online streaming services). This type of payment is different to a Direct Debit.
For more information, please read our recurring card transactions page.