Meeting web standards
Cater Allen believes the Internet should be easy-to-use for everyone, including those with disabilities. With this in mind, we have adopted a policy of accessibility and have designed this website to meet current web standards.
All future development work carried out on this website will adhere to current Web Standards, as defined by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
We are doing this to ensure our sites are compliant and can be displayed by W3C standards compliant browsers.
The website has been designed with these accessibility guidelines in mind:
- We make sure that navigation throughout the site works in a consistent way.
- We use a standard web font to make it easy for all to read. In most cases, the size of the font can be adjusted according to the users’ needs, using standard browser and operating system options.
- All the images are given ‘alt text’ alternatives except those which are only decorative; the tags for these are left blank.
- We never use colour as the only way to convey information.
Santander UK has developed its own accessibility guidelines, which take into account standards and accessibility best practice from a number of sources.
While the pages can still be accessed in older browsers, to see them laid-out correctly will require a standards compliant browser. If you would like to upgrade your browser we recommend the latest free versions of Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Mac OS X users may also consider Safari.
Adobe Acrobat is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website. To download or upgrade this program for free, visit the Adobe website. To read PDF documents with a screen reader please link to the Access Adobe website which provides useful tools and resources.
Help with changing your settings
Most browsers allow you to make changes to your browsing experience including allowing you to pick which fonts, colors and text sizes are used to display webpages. Some options may not be available to you as they are often controlled by your system administrator. For further information please refer to your browser's help or information section for details. However, to make the most of the accessibility features on this site we recommend the use of Internet Explorer.
- Internet Explorer - Browser information/settings
- Chrome - Browser information/settings
- Firefox - Browser information/settings
- Safari - Browser Information/settings