We are committed to keeping personal information safe and confidential. If you apply for a product or service we will use your personal data in accordance with the data protection statement and relevant terms and conditions that we give to you when you apply.
The secure sections of the site are password protected and all of our online transactional services are protected by firewalls to prevent unauthorised access to our systems. You can communicate with us securely from within these areas, using our secure messaging service.
To help improve our service, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Why are cookies essential to how customers use the Cater Allen Website?
- Within our Online Banking site to protect our customers and prevent fraudulent activity. Without cookies enabled you will not be able to access Cater Allen Online Banking.
- To understand how our advertising campaigns and promotions are working to we use Doubleclick Analytics cookies. Again, these do not collect personally identifiable information about you and no information is passed to third parties
Two types of cookies are used on this website:
- Session Cookies. These are temporary cookies, which only exist in the period you access the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing the website). Session cookies help the Santander website remember what you chose on the previous page, therefore avoiding the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the site. These cookies do not contain personal information and cannot be used to identify you.
- Persistent Cookies. These are cookies, which remain on your device after you have visited our website. e.g. if you use the 'Remember my ID' when logging onto Online Banking. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor; they do not contain information that could be used to identify you to another person.
How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by us, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer (including those from this visit) as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile device you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Easy ways to protect yourself from danger
There are some things you can do to protect your personal information online. It's by no means exhaustive but will help make sure you don't fall foul of Internet fraud:
- Never tell anyone your log in details. We might ask you to confirm certain information to identify yourself when you contact us, for example, place of birth, memorable date, but we will never ask you to tell us your password or passcode.
- We will not send you emails asking for information. Do not respond to, or click on any emails which do.
- Always access internet banking by typing www.caterallen.co.uk into your web browser and logging on via our website. Never try to enter Internet Banking from a link in an email.
- Do not send confidential information by Internet email as it’s not secure and there is always a risk it could be intercepted.
- If you’re logged into an online service, do not leave your computer unattended. Close down your Internet browser once you’ve logged off.
For more information about staying safe online you can visit http://www.banksafeonline.org.uk/.
Secure Online Services
You can easily identify secure areas by looking at the address in the top of your browser. An encrypted area's address will begin https:// rather than the usual http://. You can also tell this by looking for the padlock symbol in the bottom right hand corner of your web browser.
Our online services are protected by 'firewalls'. This technology monitors and prevents any unauthorised access to our back-end systems – which means hackers cannot access account and personal details.
All information passed between you and Cater Allen when using our online services is sent using secure industry standard encryption – 128-bit SSL technology.
Legal statement for our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is not designed to form a legally binding contract between Cater Allen and users of our website or secure online services. Instead it's a guide to our online protection standards – although of course we do consider it of utmost importance to abide by the principles stated here.